Transforming the future together
Realtime transforms how companies deploy smart automation. We automate how industrial robots move and respond to obstacles, instantly reacting to their environments. You will work with exceptionally smart, driven, and kind people, united by the goal of making automation easier and more accessible. Together we will discover, invent, and build things that have meaningful revolutionary real-world impact.
Senior Robotics Software Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Robotics Software Engineer
- Job ID
- Boston, MA 02210
- Other Location
We're empowering companies to seamlessly test and deploy robots without specialists. Our collision-free motion planning solutions make it possible for robots to instantly react to their environments and compute how and where to move as their situation is changing. We are searching for a Senior Robotics Software Engineer to work on our interface to industrial robots to allow users to better plan, observe, and build their robot workcells. This person will play a vital role on the team and will help to revolutionize the industrial robotics industry.
Reporting to the Manager of Robot Science, the Senior Robotics Software Engineer will leverage and apply their technical and theoretical knowledge to extend our core technology capabilities. This role will solve difficult challenges for autonomous robotic systems, develop software that communicates with industrial robots and other devices, performs high-dimensional planning, and robust motor control.
In this position, you will:
- Develop, maintain and extend software architecture, optimization and control algorithms for our robotics products
- Work in a cross functional team consisting of software developers, test engineers, UX designers and product managers to discover, invent, and build things that have meaningful real-world impact
- Assist customers with solving real-world automation challenges with our technology
- Attend stand up meetings, perform code reviews, create software design documentation, and write code
- C++/Python fluency or very strong track record of becoming competent in a variety of programming languages
- Proficient with robotics fundamentals (linear algebra, kinematics, dynamics, etc.)
- Familiarity with network communication (TCP, UDP, socket programming, etc.)
- Self-driven, and solve challenging technical problems
- Superior communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to excel in international and collaborative teams
- Ability to work in-office with flexible scheduling (~50% in-office)
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines is required
- Experience with open-source libraries and tools such as Boost, Eigen, ROS/ROS
- Comfortable developing in Linux environment
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Expertise with robot systems or industrial automation
- Experience programming with distributed systems, embedded devices, and reading the documentation/standards for these environments
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our employees, their families, our communities, partners and customers. In order to promote that safety and well-being, we require that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. Applicants who receive an offer of employment who can provide documentation that the vaccine is medically contraindicated, or who object to vaccination due to a sincerely held religious belief, may make a request for exemption. We will consider requests for reasonable accommodations consistent with our policy, and where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to the company.